Friday, June 7, 2013

Today my baby turns 1!

Today my sweet little Jayda Faith turns one year old.  I still can't believe it!  Yeah, I know it sounds a bit cliche, but it's the truth.  I remember at this moment last year I was in labor.  I can remember how bad those contractions were beginning to hurt.  Tim and my mid-wife, Stacey, were rubbing my back to ease the pain.  I know it may sound crazy, but a big part of me actually enjoyed my labor. 
 
Now it's hard to believe that my little baby is a whole year older today. She's climbing onto anything she can muster up the courage to. I think I've chased her up the stairs a thousand times already. In true girl fashion, she's already talking up a storm.  She says: up, dada, mom, mama, ba ba, bye bye, hi, kitty, ball, and deer.  The last word makes her daddy very happy.  She has a ton of energy just like her big sister.  This girl won't hold still.  She is still very content, unless she's hungry. She's in the 75th percentile for height, which comes as no surprise to us.  She is timid and shy when meeting new people, yet she's independent.  She has a very sweet and gentle little spirit, and is very cuddly, which I hope she never grows out of.
 
In celebration of our little Jayda turing one, we had a big BBQ last weekend.  Actually, we had a joined BBQ because we were also celebrating Tim's 40th.  I love you both so so much! 
 
Happy Birthday Jayda Faith!!!




 Cousin Fiona who just turned two