Friday, June 7, 2013

Our New Home

Alright, I'm a little behind in getting these posted, but here are the pictures of our new house.  Let me rephrase that here are the pictures of the inside of our new house.
 
Our living room 


The living room looking to the upstairs
 
My white country kitchen

Our dining room

Front entry

 I've had a lot of fun decorating the girl's bedrooms.  I've had my hands full of fun little projects.
 
I made each of them little coat racks.  This was one of the easiest crafts I've done, thus far.  I just took an old 2 by 4, painted it, embellished a little, and added some cute handles.
                                       
 
Here's another one of my recent projects.  My mom gave us an old dresser.  My intention was to sand it and paint an off white.  However, after sanding the dresser, I liked the aged look better.  So, instead of re-painting it an off white, I just highlighted the sanded/aged sections by adding a bit of dark paint to give emphasis on the distressed look.  I still haven't added the handles.  I'm just happy to finally have a dresser in Jayda's room.


This is Tessa's room
 
                                    

Both girls have a cute little window seat in their room.


This is one of the upstairs windows looking to our backyard