Thursday, October 28, 2010

A Quiet Response

Several months ago, I started writing weekly devotions in our blog. I only did it a few times though. This time I thought I'd write in daily devotions and prayers. Below is the verse/prayer/thought for today.


A soft answer turneth away wrath: but grievous words stir up anger. -Proverbs 15:1

Sometimes, when I'm cleaning up one mess, my child is in the next room making an even bigger mess. It makes me want to scream...not all of the time...but sometimes, and sometimes I do. I know that only makes the situation worse. Tess gets all worked up, and I just get more upset. I pray that you will help me Lord to stay calm and deal with these frustrations in a quiet response. A quiet response will get greater results.

I should know from experience. When I've made a mess of things, You God, have spoken gently through Your word and through the Holy Spirit. I know I like that better than a screaming, belittling voice. Remind me that my children would prefer that as well.


-Prayers & Promises for Mothers pg. 11