Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Leavenworth

While we were in Wenatchee, we took a day trip up to Leavenworth. I guess growing up in E. Washington, I would take places like Chelan, Mission Ridge, Leavenworth, and the Gorge all for granted. Now having lived on the West side for almost 8 years, I miss being able to get in the car whenever I want and driving to those spots. We had a great time walking around all of the shops, eating German food, drinking a German beer, and people watching.

I love all of the old buildings down town. They all have such character. This was the old building we enjoyed our fabulous German lunch in.

When I was young, my favorite store in Leavenworth was the wooden toy shop. Turns out, Tess loves it too.
The restaurant we had lunch in was very good, not to mention very decorated.

We couldn't leave without a trip to the Hat Shop. I think we had more fun than Tess did in this store!