Friday, August 14, 2009

Verse of the week

So, I've decided to start posting my favorite verses. I'm going to do my best to post one a week. This week the verse I chose is from Psalms.

"Be still and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth." Psalms 46:10

Sometimes I find myself trying to take care of or control everything on my own. It's hard for me to let things go because I'm a type "A" personality, and I always want to have things done my way. I know that when I try and control situations they never turn out the way I want. It's in these moments I am reminded to of this verse....to just be still and know that God is in control if I let Him!! I find that when I really let go and give whatever it may be to God, I have a true peace that everything will go according to His will.....and that is the BEST feeling in the world.